Procurement and Contract Officer; Duty Station: DKI Jakarta
Yayasan KNCV Indonesia is a non-profit organisation that aims to be a strong local and self-sustaining organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB) in Indonesia. Yayasan KNCV Indonesia promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in Indonesia. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the TB epidemic and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
For our new anticipated project, Currently Yayasan KNCV Indonesia is looking for a:
Procurement and Contract Officer
Duty Station: DKI Jakarta
The Procurement and Contract Officer will responsible to provide effective and efficient procurement and contract management, which is compliant with YKI, Donor and Government Regulation and is line with the appropriate budget.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that Yayasan KNCV Indonesia conducts its procurement activities within the frame of sound business practices and in accordance with Yayasan KNCV Indonesia and donor policies and regulations ensuring:
- the appropriate materials or services are purchased.
- the correct quality is purchased at an advantageous price.
- funds are available to cover the purchase, by linking all purchases to finance.
- the purchase is allowable under Yayasan KNCV Indonesia and donor terms.
- each purchase is fully and transparently documented with the necessary approvals.
- Ensure that purchase requests have clear specifications for goods to be procured and Scopes of Work / Terms of Reference detail the services to be provided with clear deliverables and timeframe.
- Build up strong relationships with external parties – suppliers, service providers and consultants - in order to get the most cost-effective tariffs, maintain effective but transparent lines of communication with these parties.
- Establish and maintain a database of suppliers including price guides / catalogues / technical product information to be used by the field and office for budgetary and ordering purposes.
- Update the key contacts list at all times and ensure supplier files are updated accordingly.
- Plan and implement the procurement activities, including from obtaining quotations, analysis of quotes for best value for money and managing sealed bidding / tendering to Purchase Order (PO) and Contract for Services in accordance with Yayasan KNCV Indonesia and Donor procurement guidelines.
- Negotiate where necessary to obtain the best deal/transaction,
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance to ensure they provide a quality service in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and monitor the supplier performance and delivery of services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods and services are in accordance with the terms and specifications in the approved PR and / or ToR. Furthermore ensure quality and appropriate delivery of consultancy services.
- Establish a shortlist of preferred suppliers.
- Transfer a copy of all procurement documents to the relevant staff who will be receiving the goods / services.
- Liaise with the receiving staff member to ensure all goods received comply with the order (quality and quantity) before preparing the payment request
- Review all bills and invoices prepare payment requests attaching all the necessary supporting document and pass to the Administration Manager for review and approval.
- Coordinate with the officer responsible for assets to ensure all goods procured are included on the Yayasan KNCV Indonesia Asset Register, where needed.
- Establish and maintain a procurement-tracking database and provide the supervisor with a weekly status report on all PRs and POs.
- Develop procurement activity reports as requested by the supervisor indicating trends, possible ways of saving money, making procedures more efficient and establishing timelines for purchasing activities.
- Oversee the contracting process including negotiate contract terms and conditions with interested suppliers, and award contracts to successful bidders.
- Develop Contracts for Services based on approved Scopes of Work as needed ensuring scopes of authority, lines of communication and reporting are clear with between specific individuals who will interact directly with the contractor.
- Monitoring contractor’s progress, performance and adherence to regulations on a regular basis through relevant Yayasan KNCV Indonesia staff to ensure services conform to the contract requirements and are on schedule.
- Developing a contract tracking spread sheet with start and end date for each performance component including milestones, payment schedules and reporting requirements.
- Review invoices and arrange payment requests consistent with the contract terms.
- Manage and ensure all filing (electronic and hard copy) related to procurement / contracts are kept in good order and easily accessible including PR, RFQ, Quotes, Bid Analysis, PO, Invoice, D/N, request for waiver, contracts, scope of services or any other special document that may be required.
- Consistently review procurement and contracting policies and procedures to ensure that the are efficient, effective, transparent and accountable
- Act with integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Adhere to Indonesian Government, Yayasan KNCV Indonesia and Donor rules and regulations at all times
- Other tasks as requested consistent with the overall scope of this position.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification:
- University degree with minimum 6 years experience in Procurement/Purchasing
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement
- Demonstrated experience of contract management
- Excellent report writing & analytical skills, both narrative/financial reports
- Strong Computer skills and advanced in email, word and excel
- Exceptional written and oral communication / presentation skills, in both Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Motivated, pro active and willing to learn
- Sound judgment
- Open, responsible and honest
- Punctual and reliable
- Proven problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
Yayasan KNCV Indonesia offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.