Technical Officer - Lab; Duty Station: Jakarta
Yayasan KNCV Indonesia is a non-profit organisation that aims to be a strong local and self-sustaining organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB) in Indonesia. Yayasan KNCV Indonesia promotes effective, efficient, innovative, and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in Indonesia. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the TB epidemic and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Currently Yayasan KNCV Indonesia is looking for a:
Technical Officer - Lab
Job Purpose :
- Provide quality technical assistance on the establishment of a National Quality Assurance System for VL and EID Testing
- Provide up to date technical guidance and contributes to continuous learning to within the project and partners.
- Ensures evaluation and documentation of interventions to collect and share lessons learnt.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure 19 Abbott VL sites received EQA panel for VL and 4 labs received EQA panel for EID
- Selected BBLK/BLKs within 26 Project Provinces trained for manufacturing EQA panel
- EQA result monitoring tool established for assisting available for PHO and National Aids program to undertake corrective follow-up actions; and
- Perform EQA supervision for 4 BBLKs and 8 BLKs
- EQA training material and SOP for VL and EID developed
- All EQA result reported and documented.
- Ensure HIV VL sites through Genexpert machines selected and established with HIV testing software installed in the relevant GX machines in 26 Project Provinces.
- Provide quality technical assistance and ensure that Lab technicians at VL sites (GX) are trained to run VL testing on Genexpert machines.
- Ensure and provide quality technical assistance that minimum 53,081 in 2020 VL tests performed benefiting from the transportation system by the end of 2020.
- Ensure that minimum 26 provinces are trained for specimen packaging and transportation.
- All VL test performed are reported through Cohort and lab register.
- All VL test results reported through Cohort and lab register.
- Implementation of the program on strengthening Lab networking and external quality control.
- Assist National Reference Lab in developing of necessary laboratory guidelines, SoPs and other lab documents as required in the program targets.
- In performing the work, ensure smooth coordination with NAP, National and Provincial Referral Lab and other stake holders.
- Ensure good data and administration on National Lab Networking and EQA.
- Ensure regular quality activity report to National Reference Lab.
- Submit periodical progress reports and field visit report in accordance with project guidelines to the Project Manager.
- Participate in the regular coordination meetings with BBLK, NAP and other Partners.
Qualifications and Competencies:
1. Educational Qualification:
Bachelor Degree in Microbiology, MD (Specialist in Clinical Pathology) or any relevant area.
2. Specific Competencies:
- 2 - 3 years experiences working in diagnostic microbiolog at national/provincial/district level.
- Good knowledge in TB/HIV diagnostic
- Knowledge on LQAS Cross Test Method- Expert in operating MS Office.
- Good communication skills
- Good in English, oral and written.
3. General Competences
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Ability to work as part of multi-cultural team and independently.
- Motivated and willing to learn and implement new ways of working.
- Accurately follow the organizational procedures and regulations.
Yayasan KNCV Indonesia offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
This vacancy is open until 12 October 2020
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.